Ismérie Anglade | L'Atelier du coin de la rue
We love this practical and kid-friendly DIY project: a garage for storing toy cars. Best of all, you can use items you have lying around the house to make it with your kids!
You will need:
- a cardboard box (e.g. an old shoe box)
- a white foam board, or cardboard
- 4 old bathroom tissue rolls
- 1 old paper towel roll
- an exacto knife
- letter stencils (optional)
- decorative tape
- a glue gun
1. Prep your worktop by wiping it down with cleaner and Cascades Tuff® paper towels.
2. Use an exacto knife to cut your foam board to the same size as your cardboard box.
3. Paint the cardboard box, foam board and paper towel roll the same colour.
4. Pick another colour to paint the four bathroom tissue rolls.
5. Cut strips of decorative tape and stick them onto the foam board and the underside of your cardboard box. These will serve as parking lot lines.
6. Paint an insignia on one of the cardboard box’s outer sides using stencils or by drawing freehand.
7. Cut out a flap on the side of the box.
8. Assemble the garage by gluing the four bathroom tissue rolls to the foam board and box.
9. Last step: Glue the paper towel roll onto the box flap.